Cash registers appeared with the rapid development of commodity economic exchange. There are cash registers in general supermarkets and department stores, but most people are not familiar with the use of cash registers. This seems to be a simple job. There are quite a lot of steps, so it takes a certain amount of time to learn, and it takes a lot of practice to make the salesman in the supermarket fast. Are you curious about how to use the cash register if you often buy things? Let’s learn the tutorial and composition of the cash register together now!
1. Advantages of cash registers
Fast collection and satisfied customers
By entering the customer’s purchase information, the cashier responds quickly to the cash register, correctly calculates the transaction amount and displays the information such as the receivable money, the actual money received, and the money sought, which reduces the time for the cashier to calculate the transaction amount. , to improve the checkout speed.
Support a variety of payment methods
Support customers’ cash payment methods, support checks, credit cards, foreign currencies, gift certificates, and delivery.
2,The composition of the cash register
The cash register consists of a barcode reader and an electronic cash register.
Among them, the electronic cash register includes five parts: cash register keyboard, customer display, miniature receipt printer, PC main box and display, and cash box.
a) Barcode Reader: A machine that scans merchandise. (Note: The optical surface of the reader should not be collided, brushed, covered with protective objects, etc. Be careful not to break the connection. Keep the machine clean and hygienic.)
b) Electronic cash register: Accept the barcode input by the barcode reader, find the relevant content of the product, such as product name, unit price, etc., according to the barcode in the product database in the cash register memory, and calculate the actual total amount of this sale.
c) Customer display: an instrument that displays the product name, price, total amount and other information of the transaction for the customer.
d) Micro receipt printer: a machine used to print transaction text receipts, usually each host is equipped with two printers
e) Cash box: a flat metal cabinet connected to the cash register and used to store cash, with an electronic lock, and a switch controlled by a payment key.
3. Tutorial on using the cash register
1. Turn on the power and the screen will display.
2. Turn the key to the programming position.
3. Press the Enter PLU key to move down to the Commodity PLU menu.
4. Press the subtotal key to enter programming.
5. Enter the PLU. For example 101.
6. After input, press Subtotal key to confirm. Use the barcode of the product scanned by the electronic cash register to find the relevant content of the product, such as product name, unit price, etc., according to the barcode in the product database in the cash register memory, and calculate the actual total amount of this sale.
7. After the input is completed, turn the key to the sales gear.
8. Now you can place an order. For example, the input PLU of the product just now is 101. Now, enter 101 on the keyboard, and then press the PLU key, and information such as product name and price will appear, and then press the subtotal key, and the cash box will automatically pop up. For text ticket machines, usually each host is equipped with two printers, which automatically print the tickets at the same time, one for the customer and one for the customer, or one printer prints the tickets in duplicate.
If the customer only buys 1 item, he can directly enter the PLU code corresponding to the item, such as 101, and then press the PLU key to display the item information, and then press the subtotal key to place an order. If the customer buys two items, first press 2, then press the multiply/hour key, then enter the corresponding PLU code such as 101, then press the PLU key, and finally the subtotal key to place the order.